I have been posting to this blog for over 13 years, each year reporting on accomplishments over the prior year and goals for the new year.

2024 is no different. My main photography goal for the year is listed in the January submission of the 2024 C.London 52 Week Photography Challenge. Content this year will work towards that goal in addition to my general shooting. Check out my website "About" page to learn more. The website is at www.jeffmarcowitz.photography 

All content posted here in the blog will also be on the website, however with a subscription to the blog, you'll continue to receive the email notifications.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this photo blog for many years and welcome to any newcomers. My hope is that the images and stories are interesting and thought-provoking as I continue this creative journey. As always, comments, critiques and suggestions (here and the website) are welcome and appreciated as they often lead to new ideas and inspiration.

Thank You.
Jeff

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Aisle 21

Aisle 21
2022_CLondon52w19: ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Wes Anderson

From the C.London website: "Some of you may already know that I studied film in college, and in a former life worked in television and film. Those who aren’t aware of that must not have joined me in any of my workshops - because attendees sure did hear my gushing of this week’s spotlight. I won’t bore you all with my analytical take on Wes Anderson’s use of color and staging (ie: mise-en-scène), because there’re endless articles, theses, and videos of people way more qualified than I discussing just that. If you’re not familiar with his films, watch at least one this week and take note of how he places his actors, props, uses color, and costuming. Then just simply search “Wes Anderson mise-en-scène” and immerse yourself in the results. This is where your inspiration will come for this week."

Perpendicular lines, symmetry, perspective and color grading are the elements of Wes Anderson's style I tried to work with this week.  Additionally, in some of the photos I shot, background subjects and reflections add context to the story. Check out the entire gallery of alternate photos at https://www.jeffmarcowitz.photography/Collections/Artist-Spotlight

Ricoh GRIIIx @ f3.2 1/160 40mm equiv ISO 400

Photographed 5/13/22

No comments:

Post a Comment