I have been posting to this blog for over 13 years, each year reporting on accomplishments over the prior year and goals for the new year.

2024 is no different. My main photography goal for the year is listed in the January submission of the 2024 C.London 52 Week Photography Challenge. Content this year will work towards that goal in addition to my general shooting. Check out my website "About" page to learn more. The website is at www.jeffmarcowitz.photography 

All content posted here in the blog will also be on the website, however with a subscription to the blog, you'll continue to receive the email notifications.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this photo blog for many years and welcome to any newcomers. My hope is that the images and stories are interesting and thought-provoking as I continue this creative journey. As always, comments, critiques and suggestions (here and the website) are welcome and appreciated as they often lead to new ideas and inspiration.

Thank You.
Jeff

Friday, March 23, 2012

Robert...One Year Later

Robert...One Year Later

Via Flickr:
I see him often and was hoping to see him again today. As I exited the train station, there he was. Our eyes met and he smiled as I approached him. "Good morning Robert", I said. "Do you know what today is?" He promptly replied, "Friday". "Do you know what else today is?" He looked at me with a puzzled expression until I told him that a year ago today we first met and I took his picture. "Then, it's our anniversary", he chuckled.

As I often do when I see Robert, I went back to McDonald's, his favorite restaurant, and bought him breakfast. When I returned, we spoke for a while about the past year. Robert told me he still has the pictures I took of him a year ago and was just looking at them this week. I asked and he agreed to let me take a few more photos.

We talked a short while longer, I wished him a good weekend and he wished me a happy anniversary. I gave him multiples of $2, we shook hands and agreed to "celebrate" again next year.

3/23/12

No comments:

Post a Comment