I have been posting to this blog for over 13 years, each year reporting on accomplishments over the prior year and goals for the new year.

2024 is no different. My main photography goal for the year is listed in the January submission of the 2024 C.London 52 Week Photography Challenge. Content this year will work towards that goal in addition to my general shooting. Check out my website "About" page to learn more. The website is at www.jeffmarcowitz.photography 

All content posted here in the blog will also be on the website, however with a subscription to the blog, you'll continue to receive the email notifications.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this photo blog for many years and welcome to any newcomers. My hope is that the images and stories are interesting and thought-provoking as I continue this creative journey. As always, comments, critiques and suggestions (here and the website) are welcome and appreciated as they often lead to new ideas and inspiration.

Thank You.
Jeff

Thursday, January 20, 2022

A Hard Day's Night 2022

A Hard Day's Night 2022
2022_CLondon52w3: ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Astrid Kirchherr

From the C.London website:  “Maybe a selfish choice for the first artist spotlight, but I’ve always had admiration for Astrid Kirchherr.  She’s best known for photographing The Beatles in their Hamburg days, which I think is fitting for a week about passion and goals.  I moved to Hamburg on a whim in 2009, never having visited the city, but I already felt like I knew it - at least a piece of it - from Astrid’s work.  Her love and passion reads so clearly through her photographs, and always made me as a viewer feel that love.  That’s something I’ve always aspired to do with my work - make my viewers feel what I feel when I took the photo.

For this week, I want you to take some time to look through Astrid’s work, and pull anything from it that inspires you.”

The inspirational concept for me this week was to photograph people I have a close relationship with.  Original intent was to photograph some friends who are like family outside their home, using the 1960 Fairground shots as inspirational images.  Temperatures in the teens with wind chill in single digits nixed the outdoor and natural light portion of the intent.  I therefore resorted to indoors and artificial light, using the 1964 set shot from A Hard Day’s Night as the inspirational image.

Sony A7C @ f1.8 1/125 35mm ISO 3200
Samyang AF 35mm F1.8

Photographed 1/20/22

No comments:

Post a Comment