I have been posting to this blog for over 13 years, each year reporting on accomplishments over the prior year and goals for the new year.

2024 is no different. My main photography goal for the year is listed in the January submission of the 2024 C.London 52 Week Photography Challenge. Content this year will work towards that goal in addition to my general shooting. Check out my website "About" page to learn more. The website is at www.jeffmarcowitz.photography 

All content posted here in the blog will also be on the website, however with a subscription to the blog, you'll continue to receive the email notifications.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this photo blog for many years and welcome to any newcomers. My hope is that the images and stories are interesting and thought-provoking as I continue this creative journey. As always, comments, critiques and suggestions (here and the website) are welcome and appreciated as they often lead to new ideas and inspiration.

Thank You.
Jeff

Monday, June 19, 2023

2023_CLondon52_June: Portraiture

From the C.London website: "It’s everyone’s favorite (ahem) month: Portrait Time! I know this month can be intimidating for many reasons, but it’s also a good opportunity to get out of any comfort zones, and find ways to include your genre of choice. If you’re a landscape photographer, find a way to incorporate a portrait into your scenes, etc."

As an additional challenge this month, I decided to shoot all 4 portraits using my Ricoh GRIIIx.


1.  Self-Portrait
I'm not fond of being on this side of the camera, however, thought the Psycho Bunny hat looked cool and was appropriate for this challenge.  This photo is inspired by the style of Black & White Minimalism I'm using for the current week's 52Frames challenge.
Yours Truly
Yours Truly
Ricoh GRIIIx @ f4.5 1/160  40mm equiv ISO 250
Photographed 6/13/23


2.  Portrait of a Friend
My good buddy Irwin is no stranger to being on the other side of my camera.  This photo is inspired by coffeehouse portraits made by my friend @aarondigruccio and in the style I used for week 24 of the 52Frames challenge.
Irwin
Irwin
Ricoh GRIIIx @ f4.5 1/320  40mm equiv ISO 200
Photographed 6/13/23


3.  Portrait of a Stranger
I met Wayne as I was watching the setting-up of the Libertyville Days street festival.  An interesting guy who's been in the "carnival" business for well over 30 years.  A senior manager in a 7 company conglomerate, Wayne oversees operations at carnivals, fairs and festivals all over the US midwestern states.

I also learned there's a lot of money to be made in lemonade.  140 lemons in a $40 case; 1 lemon per $7 glass; 20% other overhead.  Do the math!
Wayne
Wayne
Ricoh GRIIIx @ f4.5 1/1000  40mm equiv ISO 200
Photographed 6/15/23


4.  Candid Portrait
Storefront reflections.
MANicure
MANicure
Ricoh GRIIIx @ f2.8 1/160  40mm equiv ISO 160
Photographed 6/19/23

No comments:

Post a Comment