I have been posting to this blog for over 13 years, each year reporting on accomplishments over the prior year and goals for the new year.

2024 is no different. My main photography goal for the year is listed in the January submission of the 2024 C.London 52 Week Photography Challenge. Content this year will work towards that goal in addition to my general shooting. Check out my website "About" page to learn more. The website is at www.jeffmarcowitz.photography 

All content posted here in the blog will also be on the website, however with a subscription to the blog, you'll continue to receive the email notifications.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this photo blog for many years and welcome to any newcomers. My hope is that the images and stories are interesting and thought-provoking as I continue this creative journey. As always, comments, critiques and suggestions (here and the website) are welcome and appreciated as they often lead to new ideas and inspiration.

Thank You.
Jeff

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Roderick

Roderick Via Flickr:
It must have be veteran's night in San Francisco. He was the second veteran to approach me this evening asking if I could spare some change for a bite to eat. "Support your Vets" was his plea. His demeanor and articulate speech reminded me very much of Larry, who I spoke with last December and wrote about. It was funny though; Roderick had the same kind of Veteran's Affairs card that Francis did this evening. Hmmm….are they legit? He offered to show me his California ID, but I declined.

Roderick is 54 years old and is from Mobile, Alabama and has been in San Francisco for 8 years. He was in the Army but never saw any kind of combat. Prior to moving to California, he lived in Texas. I asked him what kind of work he's done and he said he can't work because he's disabled. When I responded that he didn't appear to be disabled, he said, "looks can be deceiving." Roderick then told me he is doing the work of "God" and that he really likes San Francisco because there is a lot of love in the people here. He really enjoys talking to people on the street. We walked down Market Street together for a couple of blocks before I headed back to Union Square. I gave Roderick $2 and wished him luck. We shook hands and he walked on to Carl's Jr. to get something to eat.

Taken 3/14/13

No comments:

Post a Comment