I have been posting to this blog for over 13 years, each year reporting on accomplishments over the prior year and goals for the new year.

2024 is no different. My main photography goal for the year is listed in the January submission of the 2024 C.London 52 Week Photography Challenge. Content this year will work towards that goal in addition to my general shooting. Check out my website "About" page to learn more. The website is at www.jeffmarcowitz.photography 

All content posted here in the blog will also be on the website, however with a subscription to the blog, you'll continue to receive the email notifications.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this photo blog for many years and welcome to any newcomers. My hope is that the images and stories are interesting and thought-provoking as I continue this creative journey. As always, comments, critiques and suggestions (here and the website) are welcome and appreciated as they often lead to new ideas and inspiration.

Thank You.
Jeff

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Squirrel Island

Squirrel Island
Clondon52w12: Flat Light

From the C.London website: “Flat light creates images with very little contrast.  Often we are told to avoid flat lighting in our images, but there is a time and place for everything.  Forcing yourself to make an interesting photo with disinteresting light will be a challenge and a learning experience.  Focus on other elements like composition, subject, story, etc.”

Today was the day I planned to shoot “flat light” along with some street photography in the morning. And then came the call to duty to pick up our grandson for the day (not a hardship, btw).  Our kids live on a great block in the city with a wide median coined “Squirrel Island”.  I hadn’t brought my camera, however as I approached their block, the flatness of the light and peacefulness of the scene struck me.  I had not seen Squirrel Island in this way previously.  iPhone ultra wide lens to the rescue.

“The best camera is the one you have with you” holds true again. 

 Apple iPhone 12 Pro @ f2.4 1/340 1.54mm (13mm equiv) ISO 25

Photographed 3/23/21

No comments:

Post a Comment