I have been posting to this blog for over 13 years, each year reporting on accomplishments over the prior year and goals for the new year.

2024 is no different. My main photography goal for the year is listed in the January submission of the 2024 C.London 52 Week Photography Challenge. Content this year will work towards that goal in addition to my general shooting. Check out my website "About" page to learn more. The website is at www.jeffmarcowitz.photography 

All content posted here in the blog will also be on the website, however with a subscription to the blog, you'll continue to receive the email notifications.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this photo blog for many years and welcome to any newcomers. My hope is that the images and stories are interesting and thought-provoking as I continue this creative journey. As always, comments, critiques and suggestions (here and the website) are welcome and appreciated as they often lead to new ideas and inspiration.

Thank You.
Jeff

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Hallucination

Hallucination
CLondon52w20:  Shape

From the C.London website: "Continuing with the little trick I often share with my students struggling with composition.  When looking at a scene, if you’re unsure of how to compose for that image, unfocus your eyes - instead of seeing a cityscape, notice the shapes of the scene.  That isn’t a tall building, it’s a large skinny rectangle.  That isn’t a street, but a curved line cutting through the scene.

For this week, try this technique out, and find shapes in a scene.  Then compose the image to highlight those shapes."

Although a day before the official start of this challenge, I was walking around downtown Chicago with the intent of making photos for a couple of current and upcoming challenges.  Not often I get downtown so I wanted to take full advantage of the change of scenery.

The shapes (and colors) of this "Art Wall" struck me as a possibility for this challenge.  When able to capture a cyclist moving through the scene, it made using this image a certainty.

Sony A7C @ f6.7 1/500 35mm ISO 100
Samyang AF 35mm F1.8

Photographed 5/13/21

No comments:

Post a Comment