I have been posting to this blog for over 13 years, each year reporting on accomplishments over the prior year and goals for the new year.

2024 is no different. My main photography goal for the year is listed in the January submission of the 2024 C.London 52 Week Photography Challenge. Content this year will work towards that goal in addition to my general shooting. Check out my website "About" page to learn more. The website is at www.jeffmarcowitz.photography 

All content posted here in the blog will also be on the website, however with a subscription to the blog, you'll continue to receive the email notifications.

Thanks to all of you who have followed this photo blog for many years and welcome to any newcomers. My hope is that the images and stories are interesting and thought-provoking as I continue this creative journey. As always, comments, critiques and suggestions (here and the website) are welcome and appreciated as they often lead to new ideas and inspiration.

Thank You.
Jeff

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Mike

Mike
I met Mike standing on a corner underneath the El tracks in the south loop.  Mike asked me for a donation and I told him about $2 Portraits to which he replied “What do I have to lose? Sure.”  Mike is 62 years old and originally from Alabama.  He has no family and lives around the bridge at Adams…”just me and the elements and my arthritis.”  He described the aches & pains in his back, hips, knees and elbows from working masonry construction.  I surmised he’s a regular at this corner because during our conversation one guy walked up and said “Hi Mike” as he placed a bill in Mike’s cup and another drove up to the corner and did the same.  Mike told me I brought him good luck. Admittedly, I was a bit suspicious, but nothing changed hands.

Mike said he hoped people start coming back to work soon as it’s been tough with the city so empty. He thinks it’s going to change. I wished him luck and gave him $2. 

 Photographed 5/13/21

No comments:

Post a Comment